Le Male was launched in 1995 and is a study in contrasts. Sophisticated yet playful, sensual but fresh, modern but comfortably familiar. It's been reformulated over the years so if you still remember it from the 90s, it's worth taking a second sniff. It's also well loved for it's iconic presentation: a blue bottle of cologne shaped like a man in a can.
With the top notes leaning towards mint, lavender, bergamot and cardamom, it starts fresh and citrusy. Later these give way to heart notes of cinnamon, orange blossom and caraway. Finally at the base is sandalwood, tonka bean, amber and cedar.
It's got extremely good longevity and sillage — this isn't a cologne to use if you want to fly under the radar and have it disappear in an hour or two. Some even reported that they could smell it the next day!
Probably what most people remember about this cologne though is the presentation. It's not everyday you find a men's cologne shaped like a body in a tin can. It's definitely a stylish and sexy look that's turned into an icon in fragrance circles.
- Sharp oriental, wood cologne for daytime
- Top notes: Bergamot, Lavender, Mint, Cardamom
- Heart Notes: Cinnamon, Orange Blossom, Caraway
- Base Notes: Cedar, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean and Vanilla
- Packaged in a distinctive spray bottle
- Comes in 1.35oz and 2.5oz sizes
- Additional products available for layering
- Women's fragrance available for gift giving
- A classic fragrance that is both sweet and masculine.
- Know for both it's longevity and sillage
- Unique packaging — the blue glass torso of a man in a silver can is unmistakable.
- Has been reformulated, might not be what you remember from high school.
- You love it or you hate it. It's not a meek scent.
A classic scent that has been reformulated over the years to stay modern. It might not be exactly what you remember but the general feeling of spice and liveliness is still strong. Definitely worth a place on your nightstand.